Monday 6 June 2011

A spot of rain!

I have to be honest I was beginning to wonder what rain looked like. To say that our fairways have been rather parched is a bit of an understatement. Over here in East Anglia we have had the disconcerting conundrum of enjoying hour after hour of brilliant sunshine, while simultaneously yearning for a spot of precipitation. Today we had the perfect scenario a solid spell of rain on a Monday so it didn't spoil our weekend golf, not that I got to play any mind.

My front lawn is my fairway improvement gauge and seeing the returning of green tinges from the desolate, dusty straw like grass is like beholding a natural wonder. It will take a lot more than a few drops of water to get our course back to it's former glory but today was a very good start.

Despite the downpour I was not to be put off my practice and so I slipped on the waterproofs and strode out into the showers to improve my wedge play. Dog walkers clearly thought I was barking but I cared not a jot as for the most part I struck the ball pretty well. A sneaky glance at the calendar and I have noticed that I have a lot of competitive golf coming up. Plenty of chances to get that pesky handicap down to a more respectable level as I am growing increasingly aware that lower handicappers tend not to be overly happy when anyone gets two shots on any hole. Here's hoping I can snag some silverware on my way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment