Thursday 23 June 2011

FFS...

EFT Points
Very interesting thread on the Golf Monthly Forum if you haven't already seen it. When I started playing golf I had an aspiration to learn it from green to tee. Two years later and I am still struggling to score well and started to think maybe I got my approach all wrong. A guy on the Golf Monthly Forum has a markedly different approach. Work hard on your long game, improve your accuracy and distance and the rest will follow.

Today I hit the course to play nine holes. As usual it was hit and miss with a couple of errant long shots destroying an otherwise decent card. At the 7th I ran into traffic and headed to the practice ground. Admittedly, I hit my trusty 6 iron but shot after shot arrowed in on the green. WTF! I can't win. I go to work on my swing: lovely ball striking. I go on the course: error strewn.

I hate this bloody game sometimes. Seriously considering Emotional Therapy Technique (EFT). There has to be some kind of psychological block as I cannot make head nor tail of it. Here's hoping Sunday's lesson will help, he's got an hour I'm not sure if that's enough time for a miracle.