Tuesday 7 June 2011

Organising my first golf meet...

There is something mildly therapeutic in preparing for an event. For me it's almost full circle from my days as Sports President at Southampton Uni to be back organising sports competitions. It kind of feels like slipping on an old pair of jeans. My early career was in sport, first as a sabbatical, then working for England Netball, before holding a cross sport position. As a result I'm really looking forward to the upcoming golf meet, which will hopefully build on the cracking experience when I hosted my own mini meet last week.


Thetford Golf Course was in my top five list of tracks I wanted to play in East Anglia. So I'm delighted that it will be the venue for our East Anglia Golf Monthly Forum meet. Well established and carved expertly out of the trees of Breckland Forest, it will be a tough test of golf. Judging by the pictures I have seen, James Braid did a fantastic job. My only hope is that my game will be a little more polished by then as frequent visits into the woods are not on the agenda!

There has been good interest so far and Craig negotiated a fantastic £25 green fee. If you fancy joining in the merriment please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment