Thursday 9 June 2011

Let's have a look at what I could have won...

Well I walked off the course disappointed with how I played last night, ruing the shots I left out there, yet I still racked up 19 points from nine holes. On the 2nd hole I found myself 80 yards from the green. Rather than hit my lob wedge I tried to get cute with a choked down sand wedge, airmailed the green and had a disaster. Having chalked up a 10 (bunker, fairway, fairway, rough, bunker, rough, rough, green, putt, putt) I walked back to the spot where my problems had started, hit the lob, stuck it in the middle green and two putted for a six.

This began the Bullseye inspired, let's have a look at what you could have won element to my round. On three other occasions I replayed chips using the club I 'knew' I should have played first time round. Every time I was proved right as my chips finished much closer. On two of those three occasions I sunk a one putt. So had I trusted my instincts I would have scored a 44 instead of a 50 and racked up 24 points. The potential is there, the decision making needs work.

No penalties today and unbelievably I am still playing the Bridgestone B330S that Dave gave me last time out. It's now lasted 25 holes and is still in pretty good nick. I'm impressed and when I run out of Z-Stars it will be my new ball of choice.

My approach play and iron striking is certainly much better but that fade can be destructive. Bunkers are still a nightmare nd my short putting is a little ropey at the moment. Things are looking up, here's hoping it all clicks in time for the 1922 Cup.

If you haven't voted already you can predict how I will get on using the poll on the right.

50 (36)
4(3), 10(5), 4(3), 5(4), 8(5), 4(3), 6(5), 4(4), 5(4)

No comments:

Post a Comment