Tuesday 21 June 2011

Hitting in the wind

Went out this evening looking to eradicate the issues I faced on Saturday, but it didn't quite go to plan. Short game was on fire. Six holes played: four up & downs (one from sand) and one GIR with two putts. The other hole was chip and two putts. I'm really pleased that my short game graft is finally coming together. I feel so much more confident in and around the greens. I've also opted to chip from our compacted bunkers, which is working better than a normal swing. That was the good news...

Unfortunately, I'm still really struggling in the wind. When the wind is in my face it just goes right and keeps going. So after being blown all over the shop after six and a half holes I headed to the practice area. After a bit of practice I managed to improve my ball striking and shape. All about focusing on the ball and releasing through impact.

Thank god I don't play on links, I think if I did I'd have chucked in the towel already! I'll be back up to the course on Thursday and hope it's blowing a gale again so I can continue to improve my play in the wind. I really want to do myself justice in the medal next month. I'm fed up of playing to a handicap that I know I'm better than and the threat of returning to 28 is not a pleasant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment