Monday 27 June 2011

Gordon Ramsey Golf

F****** go f****** straight you f****** stupid f****** ball. Now this type of Gordon Ramsey golf would not be good. In fact it would be conducive to getting thrown off the driving range and told to "Never f****** come back!" No, I am referring to a useful analogy my pro made at my lesson on Sunday. Golfers need to be like top chefs. When they are cooking they taste the food. By tasting it they know when they've got it right and when they've got it wrong. They also know what adjustments they need to make. At the moment with my 3 wood in hand I am the culinary equivalent of Jamie Oliver with no tongue (and sense of smell for the pedants among you).

The prescribed treatment for this malaise is to spend more time on the driving range striking the offending club. Today I was fortunate enough to get a range session in and took full advantage. Towards the end I did start to get a taste for it and the last dozen or so were really quite promising. I am aiming to make at least one visit to the range every month until at least the end of July hopefully it will be the final piece of my golfing jigsaw and can get me on the way to a sub 20 handicap.

Right I'm off to practice my putting... "You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY BLACK ASS, BALL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment