Sunday 5 June 2011

Imparting knowledge: a wise move?

When you play golf you need a mind like a coffee filter. In the relatively short space of time I've been playing my brain has needed to sift the advice of numerous well intentioned individuals. A lot have been helpful observations such as tempo speeding up. Others attempt to coach you despite clearly lacking in skill themselves. I vowed to not become one of those people but today I broke the rule. But in hindsight I'm glad I did.

My brother has been struggling massively with his chipping. My entire short game is predominantly self taught through magazines, video tips and of course Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible. I introduced my bro to the X Factor chipping technique and from skulking them 45 degrees right he was chipping ball after ball into his net. He was happy, I was delighted and hopefully he will continue to progress. I certainly won't make a habit of it but this was a tip worth sharing. If you missed it click here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment