Wednesday 29 June 2011

Nonplussed

On Saturday I'll be playing in the July Medal, but I'm surprised to report that I'm not that excited. So far every competition this season has gripped me with a feeling of: what an opportunity but to me Saturday is just another game of golf. It will be slightly tougher as we'll be off the big boys tees and the greenkeeper will probably opt for a few nasty pin positions. Despite that to me it's just another round, no build up, no nervous anticipation, nothing. After seeing my good friend Ian amass a whopping 42 points in the 1922 Cup and come second to a phenomenally good 45 point haul it just reinforced that no matter how well you perform you cannot legislate for other people.

My only hope is that I play well enough to make handicap or buffer so I don't accrue another 0.1 and go back up to 28. Other than that I hope to keep it in play and hit a few memorable shots that I can reflect on in the bar afterwards with a wry smile. With any lucky there will be a bit of banter flying about and if one of the swindle lads can put in a good round that will make it all the sweeter.

I am hoping to play 9/12 holes tomorrow night with my mate Graham who hasn't hit the course for a while. It will be interesting to see if I can take some of the confidence I built at the range on Monday onto the course. The ball reserves are getting depleted so I pray I can at least be accurate as I'd like to make do with what I have until my birthday at the very least. Thinking of changing to the Bridgestones but that's a decision for another today. Right now I'm off to go and play a few holes of Tiger Woods 12 on PS3. If you fancy a game add me to your list, my gamertag is tigerdes...

No comments:

Post a Comment