Monday 27 September 2010

The return of the V-Easy

Ever bought a golf training aid and thought "Mon dieu, what a stupendous invention, I simply cannot understand why I never bought this earlier, I feel ready to take on the masses, bring it on!"  I did, it is called the V-Easy and it has been neglected recently lying at the back of the cupboard under my stairs like an old Harry Potter wand.

I dusted it off today and took it out onto the heath and hey presto (maybe it is magical after all) my chipping was greatly improved. I will be giving my putting stroke a good going over later on as I build up to my final round of the month, a solo jaunt on Thursday evening. Fingers crossed I will get round in sufficient time to avoid dusk and my improved chipping technique will enhance my touch round the greens.

"C'mon Jack, let me play 18 holes and I'll tell you
whatever you want to know"
Unfortunately, this will be my last taste of golf for a while. I am seemingly being punished for sins that I must have committed in a former life. I'm journeying to the Highlands and had originally planned to take my sticks with me and sample wonders such as Boat o' Garten. Then my missus invited her mum and dad along and the space in the car became a premium. Consequently, the all terrain buggy took preference over my golf clubs.

I will therefore be compelled to travel north of the border to the home of golf, whilst the Ryder Cup is on AND not play any golf. Forget chinese water torture, or sleep deprivation I'd rather spend some time in Jack Bauer's company than undergo this ordeal. Gutted? Doesn't even come close!

No comments:

Post a Comment