Friday 3 September 2010

Into the groove

Continuing the theme of short game inspiration courtesy of 80's pop legends, it is now the turn of Madonna's lyrics to come to my aid. You'll have seen from my recent posts and In The Bag update that I'm now playing Srixon AD333 balls.

They may keep me straighter tee to green but do not offer anywhere near the same control around the green as the ProV1x. Some have suggested giving the Wilson DX3 a go and I may do just that when I next replenish my stocks. Till then I need to adapt my short game.

I can get the ball to bite quite well on full and half shots but chipping is a whole other matter. So today I started to groove a chip and run shot, which till now has been a noticeable gap in my armoury. The plan is to groove a repeatable stroke and adjust distance by changing club. I already use this method when chipping from the fringe and hopefully this will give me a more reliable result from 40/50 yards out.

So in the slightly modified words of Madge...

Get into the groove
Ball you've got to prove
Your worth to me, yeah
Quickly down to roll, yeah
Right into the hole
And score a birdie...

No comments:

Post a Comment