Sunday 26 September 2010

Jelly on a plate

Wibble, wobble is actually about right. My balance is woeful and is a fundamental issue in my golf swing. A solid foundation is a really important factor in golf but I've let myself go a tad and my core stability is not what it used to be. But fear not for I have a fun remedy for my ailment.

Enter the Wii Fit returned from the forlorn bosom of my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. As the winter months kick in my ability to practice during the week is severely hampered. But 30 mins a night improving my balance on the Wii will not only be fun, but will also hopefully give me a sound base to my golf swing.

My bad habits include losing balance on follow through and falling back in the swing. Eradicate those two issues and hopefully I'll be onto a winner. I'm planning on working really hard this winter so that I can begin next year firing on all cylinders. Wii Fit also has the added bonus of being something the missus enjoys, so I actually get brownie points for couply fun, when in fact I have a golfing alterior motive, just don't tell the wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment