Thursday 9 September 2010

My pro is happy, so I'm happy

Played today with a good friend of mine and my ball striking and short game are improving. My normal cards are very up and down some good pars mixed with disasters. Today was the first sign of some real consistency. I started badly getting in trouble with two hooks on the first two holes leading to triple bogeys. I parred the 3rd and almost parred the 4th, a hole which has caused me numerous problems in the past. My card became a collection of bogeys and doubles, apart from a stupid 6 on the 11th and a pull hooking disaster on the 15th that led to an NR.

So greater scoring consistency, which is a start, just need to shave off a shot here and there. I'm also happier with my tee shots today. I hit some duffers where I didn't quite catch it right, but considering I only pulled the 3 wood out twice to walk off with an FIR of 45% and average driving distance of 185 yards was very pleasing.

Shot of the day: a 40 yard bunker shot to 3 feet. I was extremely chuffed with that as well as a couple of nicely read long putts over 10 feet.

96 (67)
6(3), 8(5), 3(3), 5(4), 7(5), 4(3), 6(5), 6(4), 5(4), 5(4), 6(3), 7(5), 6(4), 6(4), -(4), 6(4), 5(4), 5(3)

So round over and straight into a lesson. Onto the practice hole 8iron in hand. My pro is concerned about my weight transfer and swing plane. Makes a couple of adjustments hey presto drilling it with a little draw onto the green. My pro is absolutely ecstatic, especially because of the practice time I put in to bed in the changes from the last lesson. I spend a bit more time practicing after my lesson and head home. So still to break 100 but genuine rays of light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment