Wednesday 15 September 2010

A real eye opener

I recently lent my Shotmiser to the Assistant Pro at my club as he is thinking of getting one and wanted to try it out on the course. I popped up last night to pick it up as I am playing on Friday at Brett Vale and he was out on the track with it. I wandered out to intercept him on the 4th and walked with him while he played that hole. In that brief amount of time I saw him hit his Driver, a wedge and a couple of putts. What struck me most was his tempo, especially with the Big Dog and the simplicity and repeatability of his pre shot routine.

His swing was so smooth and so effortless it was unbelievable. It wasn't about how far he hit it into a strong headwind, but more about the control he exerted over the ball. He has promised me that we'll play a full round together and after yesterday I'm going to try and get that date confirmed and in the diary as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment