Friday 17 September 2010

Good fun but we got spanked

Played today with my mate Graham in a Four Ball BetterBall stableford against a couple of his work friends. The game was at Brett Vale Golf Course, which you can find in the reviews section. I cannot praise the course highly enough for it's stunning presentation, it was quite simply sumptuous. To be fair I didn't play too badly and chipped really well but the greens were so fast. I have never played on greens like it before and it definitely made for a stern test of golf. Graham and I both play off 28 and limped in with 33 points, primarily due to costly three putts on the slick putting surface.

Our opponents who play off 18 & 24 fared slightly better, especially Darren who played to handicap with a personal haul of 37 points in their total of 43.

Partnering Graham tomorrow in the Captains day scramble. It will be my first time playing 36 holes in 48 hours, hopefully today was a good warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment