Wednesday 8 September 2010

Getting 'two' grips with my clubs

I have treated them well this past year, with regular warm soapy washes and a nice towelling down afterwards. They are still pretty grippy as well. Unfortunately, they are slightly too large but that's all part of the learning curve I guess. I used PING webfit, which really is quite excellent, and it turns out my grips should be +1/32" larger than standard as opposed to +1/8" that I have at the moment. At least I've got the right size on my fairway, even if I can't consistently hit the blinking thing!

So I'm currently looking at Lamkin N-Dur and Golf Pride New Decade multi compound and hope to 'cop a feel' today if they stock them at Nevada Bobs. I've also decided to take the plunge and regrip them myself which has led to a better understanding of how many layers of tape to add to get the desired size with a standard grip.

I'm thinking of possibly buying one of each grip and putting them on my two wedges to see how they perform comparatively on the course and help me make an informed decision. I'll keep you posted on my decision and how easy/difficult/messy I found the regripping process.

No comments:

Post a Comment