Tuesday 14 September 2010

Cleats

Bit of a dull post this one so apologies in advance if you have suddenly awoken, with qwerty embossed on your forehead, to see this on your screen. I got a pair of Footjoy Dryjoys for Christmas and I have to say, albeit in my limited experience, they are great golf shoes. The last time I was out practicing I noticed I wasn't getting the same 'hold' in my left foot, which was twisting around on follow through. Checked my cleats and lo and behold they were absolutely knackered. It hadn't dawned on me to check them periodically in the same way I did my football studs.

So replacements were in order but rather than plumming for the same yellow and blue numbers I opted for some slightly jazzier red and white ones. Ordered them from Gamola Golf and have to say I was extremely impressed with their pricing and delivery speed. I also noted how competitive their pricing was on grips and other accessories, I may well be visiting that e-store again.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I feel more rooted in my follow through and that hopefully that will help me in quest to resolve my pull hooks. I think I am getting there I just need to swing through less forcefully, the more relaxed my tempo the much better the result. This is a bit of a massive week for me golf wise. I'm playing at Brett Vale on Friday and then in a scramble at Waldringfield on Saturday. Depending on how those two rounds go will decide whether I enter the extra medal being played midweek. If I don't my only chance to get a cut 'this season' will be in October's midweek medal.

Here's hoping the new cleats play a small part in helping me get to grips with this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment