Friday 24 September 2010

Super Noodles +

Some may question their nutritional content, others may scorn the freeze dried flavouring that comes with every packet, Gillian McKeith may well wet herself in a fit of uncontrollable rage if you served her up a plateful having asked her round for dinner, but in my opinion Batchelor's deserve a Nobel prize. Countless students up and down the country, owe their survival in the face of hunger to a diet comprised of lager, dodgy kebabs, Heinz Baked Beans and of course Super Noodles. I would go so far as to say I'm not sure I'd be here to write this blog if it hadn't been for the sustenance offered by these little packets of salvation.

So Super Noodles saved me once, I'm hoping a different variety can save me again. The Srixon AD333 affair was a brief flirtation behind the bike sheds, like a lovesick teenager I've fallen head over heels and this time I promise it is the real thing. The thing is, very much like a teenager, I was after something softer to caress, albeit this time round a golf course. The Srixon's were just too hard for me but by god these Noodle + are as soft as a basket load of ducklings. Obviously the real test will come on Saturday when I tee them up for a full 18 holes, but at the moment they are the one(s) for me.

So emblazoned with my markings (I write Tiger in Chinese in red), I shall step boldly onto the course, safe and secure in the knowledge that I have wisely invested less than £1 per ball on the objects that will catapult me from high scoring obscurity into the wonders of double digit finishes.

Is this yet another false dawn? Will I reappear on these virtual pages a whimpering kitten with my tail trailing between my legs? Or will I return a triumphant tiger, holding aloft my clubs with the sweet spots still fresh with blood (okay marker pen)? Tune in at 9pm tomorrow to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment