Thursday 1 September 2011

A weight has lifted

In Greek mythology the Titan Atlas was punished by Zeus and instead of being sent to Tartarus he was forced to bear the weight of the Earth on his shoulders. Whilst I will not claim to have god like strength or have borne a superhuman burden, the past month has had it's fair share of distractions. Heading out to practice today I had a spring in my step, a smile on my face and proceeded to have an extremely positive session.

Chipping with lofted clubs remains my weakest link but little chip'n'runs with the 9 iron are getting increasingly accurate. My bunker play is gradually getting better though my current definition of success is getting it within a fifteen foot radius of the hole. With time I aim to significantly reduce that margin.

The biggest plus points were my putting and approach shots. With my v-easy wrestled back from my brothers clutches, it took just few momemts to remember what a great training aid it is. My stroke is now much smoother and distance control constantly improving. Hitting approaches to our practice green was the main highlight. From 21 attempts I stuck 17 on the dancefloor with the remaining four left short due to three tops and an obligatory fat. Critically, though they all arrowed in on target with a slight hint of fade. The tempo work is literally keeping me on the straight and narrow. Confidence is high, the shackles are off and I've been paired with Paul for Saturday. Paul is a top bloke who always makes me laugh on the course. It could be a recipe for medal success.

No comments:

Post a Comment