Friday 23 September 2011

Season end

Sadly this season has come to an end for me as we now move into winter golf. For me the October medal is the end of the golf season proper and the transition to the winter season, bringing with it colder, wetter weather and darker evenings. Unfortunately, I am unable to play in next week's medal and will have to wait till November for my next opportunity for a cut and shot at a bit of metal. It has been a disappointing season that started with so much promise that I was unable to build on. There have been a number of positives, primarily the fact that I now have greater control of my swing, I just need greater control of my powers of concentration. It is for that reason I am optimistic this winter and confident that next year I will be consistently in contention. In the interim I have two goals. The first is to try and win the Autumn Series with my partner in crime. We got off to a solid start last week and with two more pairs rounds to go we'll hopefully cement a position atop the leaderboard. The second is to get a low teens handicap with the guys in the Saturday swindle. We put a quid in for front nine, back nine and full 18 and you are cut a shot for each section you win. Win all three and you are cut four shots. I've not played much with the this year due to competitions and games elsewhere. I'm currently off 24 but feel I have a couple of big wins in the tank. This willcertainly get me used to playing to a lower handicap, which will hopefully help my mentality with a card in my hand. Outside of golf I'm in a happy place right now. The new job has eased our financial worries so we can now look to add to our family. I'm also looking forward to the challenge of the new role and potentially some lunch break range practice. I guess that has made me a bit more laid back and I've certainly been playing better since I got through that application process. Here's to an enjoyable winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment