Saturday 10 September 2011

Mmmmm....enchiladas for me please

As I left work on Friday afternoon one of our youth advisory board members asked me if I was playing golf this weekend and what I planned on breaking. Without pause for thought I said "I'm feeling good at the moment so fancy breaking 90". Well blow me down with a trumpet and serve me up some enchiladas if I didn't just go and prove my prediction right.

Following a tip from Lee Westwood in last months Golf Monthly and another tip in this month's about alignment, I spent a little more time ensuring I was aligned correctly today. Nice relaxed swing and bar an brief lapse of concentration on our 6th where I scored a triple bogey I went out in blistering fashion. After five holes I had amassed 18 points after nine that score had raced to 27 with six pars, two bogeys and that frustrating triple.

I started the back nine in strong fashion as well bogey, par, bogey. My iron play was superb and my approach play out of this world (these superlatives are obviously in relation to my usual standard of play). Bar a couple of short game nightmares on the 13th and 16th I could have been looking at amassing a 50 point total. In the end I came home with 19 points for the back nine with two pesky blobs. A score of 48 to go with the 41 I shot going out and a new personal best of 89.

Elation does not come close to describing my emotions at the moment as the three bad holes were scored at +10 with +18 for the remaining fifteen. My putting was back on song and my short game is very good when I focus effectively. 38% FIR, 33% GIR, 32 putts and more improvements to come. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriba!!!!!!!!

89 (71)
4(3), 5(5), 3(3), 4(4), 5(5), 6(3), 6(5), 4(4), 4(4), 5(4), 3(3), 6(5), 8(4), 4(4), 6(4), 7(4), 5(4), 4(3)