Wednesday 31 August 2011

August statistics

Disaster. For some inexplicable reason my Scoresaver 2 programme corrupted and refuses to be reinstalled. Andy from SS2 has been an absolute star in trying to help me fix it but to no avail. My last backup was made in January and so I have had to painstakingly re-enter data from the blog. Unfortunately, this means that I have lost the detailed performance stats from each round so I won’t be able to look at the year in its entirety. But it’s not the end of the world.

Practice
So this month. Well practice has been understandably impacted by my job application and preparation but it was totally worth it. A massive plus point is that the limited practice time I have had this month has been enormously constructive. I’ve got to grips with my fat putter handle and the metronome has worked wonders with my tempo. I am probably striking the ball better now than I ever have.


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


25


4%


Other Woods


10


1%


200 - 250 yards


15


2%


150 – 200 yards


105


15%


100 – 150 yards


25


4%


Short Approach


315


46%


Bunker Play


20


3%


Putting


165


24%


Total


680


100%


Rounds
That said hitting it well in practice is not the sport and converting that onto the course, especially with a card in my hand, has been a big challenge. Dr Bob audio books are helping my mentality and I am starting to think better on the course. As we head into the autumn and winter and the end of the Honours Board comps I expect I will feel less pressured in medals and the Autumn series. Looking at my stats for the month things appear to be heading in the right direction. I’m starting to get in the habit of scrambling pars and converting birdie opportunities. But at my level those are bonuses: the real challenge is to keep those big numbers off the score side and getting down the number of penalties per round is a great way to achieve that.


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


29% (32%)


22 (20)


Greens in Regulation


19% (14%)


14 (17)


Putts per Round


34.83 (33.91)


17 (15)


Birdie Conversion


13% (10%)


 16  (22)


Par Scrambles


10% (7%)


25 (28+)


Sand Saves


0% (11%)


28+ (15)


Driving distance


257 (N/A)


4 (N/A)


Penalties per Round


1.87 (1.30)


19 (14)


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

Now I have a big dog I have decided to add in my driving distance. This will be the average of the recorded drives on holes where I take a driver (which is normally not many). My hope for next month? Increase FIR and GIR and as a result bring down the average penalties per round.

1 comment:

  1. Breaking News: SS2 now fixed on my home PC. Some bug somewhere on my machine causing problems that has now been dealt with

    ReplyDelete