Thursday 29 September 2011

Cleveland HiBore XLS Review

Cleveland HiBore XLS Driver
As someone who hits a fade I have to hit a really fade slice to get any left to right movement with the club. The stability fins (code for funny looking scooped out back) are designed to counter this shape and generally Hit hit this driver with a soft draw.

I'll not lie, it makes an awful thunk sound on impact, a bit like thwacking a golf ball with an aluminum baseball bat. The look at address takes a bit of getting used to and I'm not sure it would suit a purist that likes looking down on a pear shaped driver head.

Despite these aesthetic and acoustic issues it goes a country mile. I'm averaging 260 yards with it, which includes the poorer 230 yard connections and the mahoosive 290+ drives. As a high handicapper I cannot fault this club and though I wished the head cover would stay on a bit better, it will be a fixture in my bag for a while to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment