Friday 9 September 2011

Putting things right

Well after two rounds of absolutely sublime putting things went off the boil a little. My main frustration has been distance control and it was starting to cause three putts to drift in. So last night I spent 25 minutes on the putting mat and it hit me instantly. I'd been using my hands (god knows why) rather than my shoulders. Got the V-Easy out and Robert's your father's brother problem sorted.

That's what is so incredibly frustrating about this game. You know what you should be doing and yet for some inexplicable reason you decide to do something completely different. I know I sometimes pull shots because my grip tightens and hoods the club face, but I still do it. I know I thin or duff chips when I look up too early and that I need to keep my head down through impact, I'll still peek though. Argh!

Never mind. Looking forward to getting out on the course tomorrow in the Saturday swindle. A little bit of extra pocket change will do nicely. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment