Friday 2 September 2011

New kit, old kit

So it has happened my brand spanking new kit is finally outdated. My woods and hybrid have been supplanted by the new G20 range and now Titleist have announced the new AP1 712 club. Now I'm not in the market for an upgrade but I am really intrigued to know whether the brand spanking new shiny metal bundles of joy are any better than my loved and well battered current clubs.

It does raise an interesting question about when will I actually upgrade my sticks. And the answer? Probably not for quite a while. In fact reading about the new club launches today reminded me that I have finally become comfortable with my sticks. Last time out I could pluck any club out of my bag with confidence. I wasn't thinking which club do I feel able to hit I was thinking what shot do I want to play, and selecting accordingly. That said I may well upgrade my wedges in the spring to 50, 54, 58 degree set. The new Titleist SM4 series looks nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment