Sunday 18 September 2011

Plan of action

Is my 'green-to-tee' plan coming together?
Well it's been an interesting couple of days and despite my inital fears my body has coped pretty well. I definitely flagged on the back nine at Felixstowe but the extra responsibility of organisation and the challenging nature of the course may have had something to with that. The fact I bounced back pretty well in the first round of the Autumn Series is promising.

Having uploaded my most recent scores onto Scoresaver 2 and looked at my recent performances, one very interesting factor came up. My approach play, short game and putting have all got better. I'm hitting more greens in regulation, have improved my scrambling stats, my birdie conversion rate and putts per round.

So my challenge over the next few months is too improve my concentration so I eradicate the unnecessary poor iron shots. I want to ingrain the positive pre-shot routine that is resulting in my improved results, so they happen more regularly. The second, and more important thing, is my consistency from the tee. When it's good it's very good so some quality time at the range to improve my ball striking with the long clubs will hopefully set me up for a cracking winter and fantastic new season. Fingers crossed I'll be chomping on a big fat celebratory cigar...