Friday 16 September 2011

Felixstowe Ferry

Well I got blown from pillar to post today and learnt a massive amount. My score today doesn't really tell the story of how I played. I hit the ball really well but struggled to control the shape in the wind. Lowest and highest point was the massive drive I hit on the 7th that unfortunately ran out of fairway and into the drink 300 yards away.

I'm going to take away a fair few positives but sadly I lost my battle with the MS. I was mentally knackered by the 12th hole in the afternoon and despite nabbing a par with a sand save my scoring was sporadic. Off actual handicap I only scored 19pts in the afternoon and a measly 11pts in the morning. A hat ful of blobs from good tee shots that vanished in the rough were the primary cause.

Thanks to the guys for an enjoyable day and well played Rob and Craig for winning in the morning and afternoon respectively. I'll definitely like to go back to play Felixstowe again. The Martello course is fantastic but a little too demanding for me right now. Links golf is tremendous but, with what was a moderate breeze by Scottish standards, too challenging for me. Hopefully it will hold me in good stead for tomorrow's comp!

No comments:

Post a Comment