Thursday 15 September 2011

Happy place

I'm in a good place right now. Things are not too manic at work as I wind down ahead of starting my new job. The littl'un is on top form and constantly puts a smile on my face. The missus is happy as larry as we are off on holiday soon. And I'm enjoying my golf for the golf. Gone are the technical worries, I've bid farewell to the angst and frustration. I don't expect I'll come close to 89 this long weekend but I'm not really that bothered about how I play. I'm just looking forward to my first links experience and the start of the Autumn series competition. I'm day off tomorrow and looking forward to playing with some cracking lads off the Golf Monthly forum. At present the weather forecast for Felixstowe is pretty good with the wind strong enough to pose a test but not so strong as to cause massive problems. The greens will probably be trickier than I'm used to but having watched a fair amount of links golf recently I'm excited about the challenge. I'll get my kit together this evening, which I always find rather therapeutic, and then relax with the family. Life is grand :)