Sunday 25 September 2011

The Eagle has...

...jumped out, but it was so, so close. Yesterday I decided to play a more attacking game. Recently I have been playing percentages and getting the rewards but if I'm going to improve I have to start taking the course on a little bit more. So as it was just a swindle round I decided to hit the longer clubs and on a couple of occasions it paid off. Playing the par 5 7th yesterday was an example of what I can achieve when my game is on.

Hit a cracking long drive, smoked a 5 iron pin high to the right fringe of the green and opted to leave the flag in rather than have it tended. I'll never know whether that was the right decision but my putt hit the flagstick, fell in the hole and jumped back out again. Safe birdie.

I wasn't in contention in the swindle but I was pleased with how I played. Poor holes caused by lapses of concentration balanced out by some good quality golf. Off actual handicap 35 points with 4 blobs and probably about five holes messed up by poor tee shots when I was trying something a little more aggressive than usual. All in all I'm happy with how today went. Onwards and upwards and maybe next time the eagle will land!

77 (58)
4(3), 6(5), 4(3), 6(4), -(5), 4(3), 4(5), 6(4), 5(4), -(4), 3(3), 6(5), 8(4), 7(4), 6(4), -(4), 4(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment