Saturday 3 September 2011

Oh Na!!!

Kevin Na's unsweet sixteen
Back in April Kevin Na came unstuck at the Texas Open. Trying to hack his ball out of the rough he racked up a whopping sixteen. Today in the medal I attempted to emulate him. Having started fairly well I hit a Sherman off the tee of the 4th. Into the long grass behind a bush and a tree, but with a tempting gap to punch the ball through. It was early and the ground was still dewy and I failed to make a good connection.

Cue swashbuckling action as I hacked away to get the ball out. Had I used some common sense I could have gone back to the tee to try again. Instead I found myself doing my very best Errol Flynn impression on the way to racking up a whopping fourteen!!! To be fair I kept going and stood over a simple par putt on the 8th which I missed. The head went and that was it. An eight on the 9th and then my pulled drive which we saw bounce twice vanished in the long grass. NR and round over.

Par and bogey followed and then I just stopped caring and the card fell apart. Do I care? Not really I'm beyond that now. Another 0.1 back, a cold putter in my bag, a stat of 22% GIR against 8% FIR and just the single par made all day. As my playing partner put it today, "Tiger. Your good shots are worthy of a low single figure handicap, your bad ones are f**king crap!" I couldn't agree with him more.

105 (67)
4(3), 6(5), 5(3), 14(4), 6(5), 4(3), 8(5), 5(4), 8(4), -(4), 3(3), 6(5), 7(4), 6(4), 6(4), 6(4), 7(4), 4(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment