Thursday 22 September 2011

David Blaine golf

You know the feeling. You hit a belter, you see it take off you have the line marked and then it vanishes in the gloomy conditions. You think you have a line on it, you head off in that direction. You get there. No ball. You are kidding me, but I hit it here, I'm sure of it...well actually I'm not that sure but I was pretty confident it landed here...or hereabouts...oh man!

Now the random vanishing ball trick is bad enough on one hole, but four times on a nine hole round!!!! Killed me. But that's life. The big positive today was that I took on my nemesis hole and won, well kind of. Up until now I have played it cautiously, and come unstuck. The hole is a slight dogleg right with mature oak trees down the right hand side and gorse and scrubby long grass down the left. Pulled out the driver and smashed one down the right hand side drawing back into the middle of the fairway. Happy days. It almost made up fo the vanishing balls...almost.

So five holes completed and I scored bogey, par, bogey, bogey, bogey. The golf is getting better I just have to concentrate more. Focus and concentration is key for me, when I do that. Wow! So the sad news is that midweek evening rounds are a thing of the past and the range is on its way. The good news is I think I'm starting to get the hang of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment