Wednesday 7 September 2011

Knees up in the rain...

Well the knee has stopped feeling sore and despite the torrential downpour I decided to head out last night for nine holes. Proper warm up and stretch and not a twinge. So knee feeling good but the weather anything but. Nonetheless, I ignored the perplexed expression on the assistant pros face and headed out into the downpour.

I have to say that I'm really happy with how my ball striking is going. Contact is crisp with only occasional directional issues caused by alignment and slightly closing the clubface rather than any swing flaw. So as you'd expect there were some errant shots, that said it is a positive step in the right direction. In terms of personal demons I have definitely got the better of the 2nd hole, which used to be my nemesis. For the second time on the bounce I hit GIR so the next hole for me to crack for is our 4th which caused me problems again last night.

No pars but creating lots of chances to score and I need to spend a little more time with my wedges and putter so I can take advantage of these opportunities. My driving is showing promise: hit two with the big dog with an average of 267 yards just need to lose a slight pull. All in all very pleased that the knee was just a niggle and my game is getting better. Patience is the key and sooner rather than later those putts are going to start dropping.  

50 (36)
5(3), 6(5), 4(3), 8(4), 6(5), 4(3), 7(5), 5(4), 5(4)

No comments:

Post a Comment