Friday 1 July 2011

June statistics

Softly, softly catchy monkey. Getting there, slowly. Swing is much improved, well it is when I relax, control is improving, short game is vastly better. It's just a shame I didn't get as much of an opportunity to play this month. Playing solo is not conducive to improving and I need to start playing regularly with the guys in the swindle again as that was really helpful. So a medal this weekend and an upcoming Golf Monthly meet at Thetford at the end of the month. Hopefully, this month will continue in the same vein.

Practice
Once again a large amount of practice, just over 17 hours, and a return to the range. Following a conversation with my teaching pro I'm going to try and visit once a week to help improve my consistency with the longer clubs. The short game work has definitely made a massive difference as my chipping is significantly better. A bit more time on the putting green will hopefully enable me to convert more of the one putt chances I am creating. All in all pleased with my progress and hope I can keep up the effort next month.


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


20


2%


Other Woods


70


7%


200 - 250 yards


30


3%


150 – 200 yards


145


14%


100 – 150 yards


155


15%


Short Approach


510


49%


Bunker Play


30


3%


Putting


75


7%


Total


1035


100%


Rounds
So the fireworks never happened but patience is a virtue. I'm sure a good score is brewing but it is much more likely to appear when the pressure is off in the weekly swindle rather than a medal or honours board competition. I do need to be better at taking my chances for birdie or scrambled pars. But more than anything I need to be hitting more GIR. Do that and I'll be cooking on gas.


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


32% (33%)


20 (20)


Greens in Regulation


10% (15%)


21 (16)


Putts per Round


36.00 (35.79)


 19 (19)


Birdie Conversion


0% (8%)


 28+ (25)


Par Scrambles


3% (8%)


28+ (27)


Sand Saves


0% (0%)


28+ (28+)


Penalties per Round


2.14 (3.93)


28+ (28+)


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

So another month and seemingly little progress. My god this game is tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment