Thursday 14 July 2011

Salivating

Lee Westwood: my tip to win The Open
Well what a weekend I have in store. The Open with three British players hotly tipped to take the title. McIlroy the bookmakers favourite, Donald the purists favourite and Lee Westwood my favourite. There has been so little focus on teh jovial chap from Worksop in the build up that I think that will be in his favour. Everyone is talking about the young lad from Norn Iron and I think this is Westwood's time to shine. Have I learnt my lesson from my US Open tip and chucked some money on him? Of course not but here's hoping I am kicking myself come Sunday.

The Open will provide a backdrop to a weekend that will include another Honours Board competition. I'm teeing off at 8am with great company but unfortunately the weather looks dicey. The rain is fine but the wind could cause me a few problems. After scoring bang on CSS last time out, sneaking under and getting a cut would be wonderful or else I'll be drifting back to 28. With the Forum meet at Thetford on the horizon I'd love to get a solid competitive round under my belt. My visit to the range this morning suggests that my struggles with the 3 wood are far from over...

No comments:

Post a Comment