Friday 22 July 2011

Cleveland HiBore XLS

So here it is, the driver I am intending on getting. Now it may look like it's been inadvertently stood on by a rogue elephant, but worry not those are stabilising fins. Apparently they are designed to reduce twisting and keep flight arrow straight. But all I care about is having my very own big dog that I can practice thwacking and the extra yards I can enjoy when I get it straight: this could be the start of something wonderful.

Obviously I'll whack up a review when we become acquainted and will update the in the bag section. For now I am looking forward to tomorrow's team competition. I'm playing with three guys I've not played with before and it's always nice to meet new golfers. It's strange but I think I've reached a point where I just want to enjoy my golf, maybe my days of technical obsession are finally oveer now the bag is complete.

2 comments:

  1. Hey mate, good to see someone embarking on such an enjoyable challenge. I am doing something very similar myself and in 3 months I have gone from 28 (rounds of 117 and 109) to 19 (winning a medal with a net 57).

    The best advice I have recieved however so far is to leave the driver in my car/bag for entire rounds. Since I only played a 5W off the tee, I have improved no end because I am so much straighter. Meanwhile my coach and I are continuing to work on my driver and 3W trying to get it straight.

    Give it some thought. I share your job in belting a tee shot 300yrds but it is so infrequent as to be holding me back.

    Keep up the good work

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan is just to get a Driver to learn how to use it. I am a pretty long anyway so a 3 wood is more than enough club, especially on my course. But until I own a Driver I'll never know how to hit one. Most definitely staying out of the bag for medals until it is trained in! ;)

    ReplyDelete