Wednesday 20 July 2011

No it's not...

Well after yesterday's optimism and can categorically state that despite positive progress with the irons I still thrash my woods like a possessed giraffe in a washing machine spin cycle. Big slice followed by massive pull followed by low slice, followed by fade, fade, fade, huge f*** off pull where the hell did that come from, pull hook, for the love of ch... and then I'll cream one straight down the middle. This game drives me to f&*%$£" distraction!

Patience is required as the amount of time I have spent hitting my woods is significantly less than the amount of time spent striking my irons and it shows. It will be my birthday in a couple of weeks and I have begged for cash to invest in a driver. I was looking forward to a fitting a Titleist but I think that may well have to wait until September/October. Some people have suggested I buy a second hand club but that doesn't wash with me. I need a stick with a shaft that I know works for my swing speed. I believe fundamentally in getting fitted. I don't plan on chopping and changing, I'm planning on buying, sticking, learning and improving. Maybe, just maybe I'll find the big dog easier to hit than it's little brother but at the moment puppy dog is holding me back. That extra 20 - 30 yards off the tee means I can take a couple of clubs less on my approaches. Hitting wedge instead of 8 irons, and 8 irons instead of 6 irons.

Maybe a change of scenery at Thetford will help. Possibly Saturday's lower pressure format of better ball will make a difference. They key thing is if it's naughty do I persever or do what I always do and keep into in the bag where it can do minimal damage?

No comments:

Post a Comment