Sunday 31 July 2011

July statistics

In a week's time it will be two years since I started playing golf and pyschologically I needed a boost before that anniversary. Any sign that things were headed in the right direction would be gratefully embraced and thankfully my statistics and recent play have done just that.A change of scenery and expert advice at Thetford has rejuvenated my game, improved my outlook and refreshed my enthusiasm. With a driver going into the bag next month, there is a degree of uncertaintly as to the potential benefits but all things considered things are definitely looking up.

Practice
Not as much practice this month but it is pleasing to see that by spending three times as much time working on my putting I have brough my PPR down by two strokes per round. That statistic also includes the challenging visit to the unfamiliar greens of Thetford. Take that round out of the equation and the PPR stat drops by another shot to 32.82. The challenge next month is to keep a balance of all elements of my game as none is a priority area but all need continued development. Visiting the range with my new embrace the fade mindset will be an interesting experience that's for sure. I can't wait to get to grips with the driver and will also be spending some time trying to get the hybrid to work. If I can't do that I might look at investing in a matching 5 wood as the 3 wood is performing quite nicely right now!


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


0


0%


Other Woods


60


8%


200 - 250 yards


40


5%


150 – 200 yards


60


8%


100 – 150 yards


5


1%


Short Approach


305


41%


Bunker Play


55


7%


Putting


222


30%


Total


747


100%


Rounds
A collection of scorecards on/around handicap and then boom a monster score this weekend. Interestingly, it is in putting and penalties that have seen the two most drastic leaps as birdie conversion is invariably significantly affected by one or two that drop. Although FIR remains consistent it is important to note that this is with an increased use of the 3 wood rather than reliance on the trusty 4 iron. Those extra yards off the tee really do make all the difference. My aim next month is to get those scramble statistics higher, my touch is improving around the greens and its time to capitalise.


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


32% (32%)


20 (20)


Greens in Regulation


14% (10%)


17 (21)


Putts per Round


33.91 (36.00)


 15 (19)


Birdie Conversion


10% (0%)


 22 (28+)


Par Scrambles


7% (3%)


28+ (28+)


Sand Saves


11% (0%)


15 (28+)


Penalties per Round


1.30 (2.14)


14 (28+)


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

Good progress but time to cut out the blobs, kick on and get that handicap heading south.