Thursday 21 July 2011

Pearls of wisdom

The best thing about golf is the camaraderie. People will offer you advice and guidance and genuinely want to help you make the best decisions and perhaps learn from some of the mistakes they may have made. As you well know I made my mind up that a 910 D2 driver was the way to go, the sage and wise members of the Golf Monthly forum have helped me see sense. To be honest I was always a little apprehensive about spending that much money but thought it was the right thing to do. So rather than a brand spanking new, state of the art investment I'll be looking to get a top drawer second hand model instead. Maybe in the future I'll treat myself but for now I'm going to go back to the grindstone to try and get better at this frustrating game.

Just a few days away from the Thetford meet and the one outstanding great unanswered question has finally been put to bed. I'll be saving my money for a rainy day, most probably when my spikes give up the ghost and need replacing. Strangely it feels like a weight has been lifted, I'm happy with the decision I have reached even though it isn't what I expected. So now that dilemma is sorted I can just get on with enjoying my golf. This could well be an enjoyable long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment