Monday 1 August 2011

Golfing superstar

I'll put my hands up and admit it: I've not really followed the women's game. That shameful statistic is forgiveable to a point in terms of lack of coverage, but with the Women's Open being shown on the Beeb I confess to not absorbing as much of it as perhaps I should have.

Thankfully, the news this morning has kicked me out of my prehistoric, chauvanistic shell to applaud the achievements of a golfing superstar. Having heaped praise and lavished superlatives on young Rory McIlroy it would be remiss of me not to bestow greater acknowledgement on the achievements of Yani Tseng.

Twenty two years old and five time Major winner. FIVE times! That is quite phenomenal. There has been talk of young McIlroy supplanting Tiger Woods as the dominant force in the men's game, it looks as though Tseng is taking over the reigns once held so tenaciously by Lorena Ochoa. I have to say that I'll be paying closer attention to the ladies game and Tseng's progress and wondering whether her domination will coax Ochoa out of her early retirement. In the meantime, I doff my cap to you Yani for a quite superb performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment