Wednesday 9 March 2011

Swing video coming soon...

Turned down the opportunity to play nine holes today in favour of practicing. Spent a little over two hours bedding in the latest swing change and doing some short game work. Full swing is still a work in progress and I'll have a video to share with you tomorrow once I've converted the file. Swing plane still needs to be flatter and I'm still a bit out to in but its better than it used to be.

As for the short game I have a new pre shot routine which so far has eliminated the duff shot from my repertoire. I know look at the target and make three practice swings trying to get to what feels like the right amount of backswing. I then settle over the ball, look once more at the target and then focus on the ball through impact, preventing myself from leaning back or peeking too early. I think the practice strokes looking at the target and the final look up helps me retain the visualisation of the shot, making me feel less inclination to look up when I play the actual shot. Need to wait till Saturday to see if it works on the course.

In bunkers I now set up as if I am playing a shot at 45 degrees to the pin. When I am comfortable I then open the face to point at the flag but still swing along the original target line. Again things were much improved and I also experimented with a range of different lies and bunker positions.

It was interesting taking the TZ10 out with me and I'll try and capture some interesting videos during future practice sessions to liven up the blog. Now I don't have to worry about the rain that is certainly more viable. Anyway enough of my rambling, keep your eyes peeled of the swing vid, hopefully premiering tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment