Monday 21 March 2011

Ready, aim, fire...no not over there!

I am becoming increasingly convinced that the root of my golfing problems, and by that I mean the sizeable ones, is my set up. On Saturday one of my playing partners observed a few idiosyncrancies with how I address the ball. Today on the heath I aimed to get to the bottom of things. While the slice or fade I occassionally hit is definitely down to my steep swing, the far more frequent pull is down to two things.

First setting up too close to the ball and second inadvertently aiming about 10 yards left of target. So yet another amendment has been made to the pre shot routine to help improve my visualisationm of the shot and more imprtoantly get me aiming the blinking thing in the right direction. Worked a treat on the heath today let's hope it is as effective on the course on Wednesday. I won't bore you with the details now, but if it does work I'll tell you what I do differently.

Much more exciting news is that the clocks go back next weekend meaning more opportunities to golf in the evening. Praise the lord, hallelujah, happy days!

3 comments:

  1. Clocks go forward this weekend not back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official...I'm a wombat. Head hanging in shame!

    ReplyDelete