Thursday 3 March 2011

Fractions...

There are some things that you don't tend to get taught in golf. One of those important lessons is how to tee the ball up correctly. When I started playing I used 6 iron off the tee and red castle tees. When I joined my club I invested in some wooden tees and continued feeing up with a small amount of the tee showing. As I have progressed and used longer clubs I have continued to tee it up the same way. I suffered with a mild slice with the long clubs and inconsistent ball striking. Thankfully I was recently encouraged to tee it up 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I've since carried out a bit of Internet research and found this interesting article.

The advice about Driver tee height and sky marks was particularly fascinating. Teeing too low being the actual cause of the dreaded club scarring. So from now on I'll be teeing my long irons, hybrid and 3 wood higher. Here's hoping it's another step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment