Saturday 26 March 2011

Steady

Captain's Drive In today and I did feel for our new skipper who has knackered the ligaments in his right arm. Not only could he not play but it affected his drive. That said an enjoyable day's golf even if the weather has decided to take a turn for the worse. What a difference a year makes. This time last year I hardly knew any members of the club but now I know so many. It's a really warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere and I feel lucky to have a club like that on my doorstep.

Format was Two Ball Better Ball and we scored 40 points but it should have been so much more. My putting was poor today and despite putting myself into some great positions I just kept missing scoring opportunities. I really need to spend some time on those chips around the green and my putting. That said had I played on my own I would have been around the 36 point mark so I need to take some confidence from that. I found it dfficult judging my yardages in the wind today and a few times finished short or long as a result.

So practice required, progress being made and steady scoring the result. April medal next week and great opportunity for a cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment