Sunday 29 August 2010

Scramble

Never had so much fun on a golf course. Ever. Period. Played in the pros challenge Texas Scramble today where the aim was to shoot lower than our two club professionals in Texas Scramble pairs. I had a new partner today and Ian and I did pretty well to come home +1 nett.

These things are always tougher for higher handicappers and with Ian's handicap of 25 we needed to play off a handicap of 11 for the day. The swing changes from my last lesson seem to be bedding in as my iron striking is getting steadily better, with two belting tee shots setting up a couple of 2's. I think playing with the Srixons had a massive positive effect as well.

I'm hoping to get out for a round of strokeplay on Monday but the event today was a massive success. Never seen so many people out and the Club Captain has promised they will run the event again. Winning score a quite stunning 63 gross which was better than the pros 64 before you deducted the 3.2 handicap.

My two mates have now joined the club and we've agreed to play pair scrambles every now and then as it is so enjoyable.