Monday 2 August 2010

July Stats

Bit of an up and down month with the 3 Wood, insufficient practice time and a new found freedow courtesy of passing my driving test. All in all a very eventful and simultaneously uneventful month. A measly total of seven hours practice time and just three rounds is a disappontng return, but with a lot of golf plans for August maybe this will be my breakthrough month.

Good news on the practice front is that I will be getting a Shotmiser for my birthday that will hopefully help me determine my wedge yardages. I've already been allowed an early play with it to get familiar and I think this is the start of a beautiful statistical relationship. But before I get carried away on my latest (or should I say soon to be latest) gadget, let me tell you about my practice time this month.

Practice


Distance


Time (minutes)


% of practice time


Driver


0


0%


Other Woods


45


11%


200 - 250 yards


0


0%


150 – 200 yards


10


2%


100 – 150 yards


10


2%


Short Approach


240


57%


Bunker Play


0


0%


Putting


115


28%


Total


420


100%


It's no real surprise then that my iron striking has gone to pot while my short game seems to be getting stronger. Need to get myself in a position to score more often as I growing in confidence about my ability to convert those chances now.

Rounds
Not pretty reading at all, I'm going backwards. That said July was a tough month for me, I hit my lowest ebb and am hoping to bounce back stronger in August. In the past my accuracy off the tee has been negated by my poor short game. My putting stats have been made worse by the disaster round of 120 that brought Project Scratch crashing down to the ground. Penalties are still much too high and I have decided that I will persevere with the ProV1x (albeit lake balls till I get a bit more accurate).


Statistic


Performance


SS2 Handicap level


Fairways in Regulation


21%


26


Greens in Regulation


9%


22


Putts per Round


37.67


23


Birdie Conversion


0%


28+


Par Scrambles


4%


28+


Sand Saves


0%


28%


Penalties per Round


6.33


28+


The SS2 handicap level is a calculation made indicating your performance on different facets of your game.

I feel like a stuck record but I am aiming for at least one visit to the range each week with a primary focus on my irons and 3 Wood. I am praying that I'll get back into the groove next week and have a very Happy Birthday in my next medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment