Wednesday 4 August 2010

Off topic...

I'm currently on a two day training course to learn more about how to apply Social Return on Investment (SRoI). The training is run by the new economics foundation and so far has been utterly brilliant. My day job is quite varied but includes responsibility for evaluation of our investments. I work for a charity and in a world that is increasingly dominated by tight finances, charities need to get better at how they demonstrate their impact. SRoI is a tool that can help us to do this.

Anyway I thought you might want to get to know me, as an individual, rather than just as a frustrated golfer. The clip below suns up both SRoI and my personal views on the limitations on current economics. nef used this Robert Kennedy speech to kick off the training and I hope you find it as compelling as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment