Saturday 21 August 2010

Ice creamed

Well yesterday's golf was a great experience. Unfortunately, I didn't contribute as much as I would have liked to the team's points total but there were occasions when I'd score 2 when we had two 3's or 1 when we had two 2's.

The format for Captain's Day was team's of 4 with top two stableford scores for each hole counting. As a team we didn't play particularly well and amassed 73 points which we knew would be way short of the expected winning total of about 85-90 points.

That said we had a bloody good laugh and finished quite strongly. Plenty of banter flying about including my failure to clear the ladies tee on the 6th when we played furthest from the hole buys the drinks and the others, who went first, stuck all their shots on the green. Pressure got to me and I just swung too hard. Oh dear.

I need a Louis Oosthuizen trigger to get me in the zone and then I need a consistent pre shot routine to ensure I get everything right at set up, every time. We snaffled a bargain fourball at Brett Vale golf course in the auction and I'm looking forward to going back for a round there, especially in the company that I played with yesterday.

The day was slightly soured however by the winning teams score, an unfeasibly high 99 points, made more galling by the fact they had driven past us as we played our penultimate hole smugly bragging that they had bagged 86 points. Mmmmm.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable day and a lot of money raised for MacMillan nurses who, according to the auctioneer's Freudian slip, would have touched quite a few of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment