Friday 20 August 2010

Powakaddy Double Bill: Trolley & Bag Review

Powakaddy Twinline 3
I was pretty sceptical of trolleys at first. I'm a bog strapping lad why do I need a golfing zimmerframe to help me round the course. No I shall carry my clubs, balls, towels, extra clothing, food and 14 gallons of water on my back for four hours. It won't affect my game, my enjoyment or make me extra tired...er yes actually it did. 

So once I had dispensed with my machismo I realised that I should invest in a trolley. I had read a lot of positive things about the Powakaddy and now I own one it's easy to see why. It folds up pretty compact and fits snugly into the boot of my Focus along with my cart bag. It's easy and quick to set up and take down and the brolly holder is a nice addition, providing a sheltered cocoon against the elements. My course is pretty flat so I rarely need the footbrake but when I have used it I have had no problems. It rolls smoothly and requires minimal effort to coast it along the fairway (when I'm on it that is)!

My only slight gripe is that the handle does twist a bit when being pushed, which can be a small annoyance but on the whole it's a reasonably priced, well designed, ergonomic tidy piece of kit.

Powakaddy Deluxe II Cart Bag
When I first got my trolley I used my stand bag. Problem was I couldn't easily access the main side pocket and it didn't fit particularly well on the trolley. Mmmm time for an upgrade.

I've kept the stand bag for the winter as the Sasquatch is a great bit of kit, but invested in a Deluxe II cart bag and it fits the Twinline beautifully. To be fair you would expect the two to be extremely compatible, but Powakaddy have clearly thought through the design of the bag, providing a veritable plethora of pockets for all your golfing needs. In fact the main challenge when you first get it is remembering where you've put everything.

I have to say that I feel much fresher coming down the straight and can carry even more paraphernalia than before. This has been especially helpful with the confused summer weather we've been experiencing. I love them both and would definitely recommend.

Rating: 85%