Wednesday 18 August 2010

First competition coming up

So I have an official handicap of 28 (oh dear) and my first real, bona fide, proper, every stroke kinda counts, you've got to be in it to win it, and there are even prizes competition is taking place on Friday. It's Captain's Day and a friend of mine has entered a team. Top two scores count for your team, in a 3/4 handicap Stableford.

I'm really looking forward to it, mainly because I can have a couple of disasters and still post a decent score. Got 22 points on the back nine last week and will be taking a couple of hybrids out with me which will hopefully help me repeat that form. I know that if I keep it in play I can play to 18, I truly believe that, so here's hoping the sun shines, the birds sing and I have a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Bring on the banter!

Another interesting thing is that we will be having a shotgun start. I'm used to playing our course from 1-18, I've never even started a round on the 10th. Here's hoping we kick off on the 7th (the start of my favourite stretch of holes) so I'm in full swing by the time we get back to the 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment