Friday 20 August 2010

Eheeeeee cha'mon!

Was MJ a left handed golfer?
Enjoyed a decent practice session working on the short game last night. Bunkers, chips, pitches, putting, approach shots all getting gradually tidier though bunkers are becoming a bit of a nemesis. Anyway, the biggest lesson learnt today was to follow Mr Poulter's advice. In between been a world class golfer and entertaining his fans on twitter by wearing a cheese hat, Poults proffered some advice to a golfing magazine. He suggested players remove their glove when playing short delicate shots.

Many of you might do this already but I've just got in the habit of only taking off the glove on the green. Last night I tried some chips and bunker shots without a glove on and it did make a massive difference. I'm actually a little surprised at what a difference it makes.

So when I tee it up later on today I'll be moving away from the Michael Jackson look whenever I am in and around the green.

I've made quite a lot of minor tweaks recently so it will be almost impossible to tell if any one makes a significant difference but I'm hoping that the amount of practice I put in and these little adjustments will all prove to be greater than the sum of their parts.

I also tried out a Wilson Fybrid and Ping G15 hybrid last night. Didn't like the Wilson at all and the Ping, what an ugly club. That said it did feel good off the face and better than the Cobra, but the softness of the shaft meant that everything was bending viciously left. I think I'd be better suited to the Aldilda Serrano stiif shaft but I think the baffler has got competition on its hands.