Friday 27 August 2010

Mild, green Fairy liquid

Do you remember that series of adverts? I do and have to say it never inspired me to give my mum a night off, roll my sleeves up and do the dishes. These days the special machine does it and makes them all sparkly clean. Still have to do the pots mind and in these tough economic times it's Lidl's economy version rather than the mild green stuff. However, as I continue to work on my short game I feel a growing need to go back to the old days, fill up the sink and reach for a scourer.

Why? Because hands that do dishes feel as soft as your face and quite simply my hands aren't soft enough. Practice was wet today so not a true reflection of my ball stopping skills. That said if the heavens remain open the course will be a tad damp on Saturday and my short game practice session will be even more helpful.

That said I'm still not sure how I can seriously work on making my hands softer. I do play much better with relaxed hands, I just need to learn how to do it more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment